It’s hard to think of a character that warrants a more amazing marketing campaign than Deadpool does. The fourth wall-breaking, foul-mouthed comic book character has become a fan favorite because of the things that make him special, including his self-referential humor. So far, Fox and the rest of the creative team behind next year’s standalone Deadpool film have more than taken advantage of the character’s traits in their marketing up until this point too, even pointing out some of the studio’s own past mistakes with the character.
Whether it be from Fox or even Ryan Reynolds himself, Deadpool has been able to stay in everyones’ minds fairly steadily over the past few months too, and I don’t think the Merc with a Mouth is going to let us forget that he’s coming to the big screen in just a few short months.
In anticipation for the current Holiday season and the film’s February 2016 release too, Fox has debuted a brand new movie theatre standee for the film, and it features Deadpool sitting on a chair, wearing his Santa hat, with the tag line “Sit on this”. Which honestly, could not be more perfect.
Fitting in well with some of the past marketing images and photos too, including an image of the character sitting on the toilet reading the comic book where he dies, this standee will likely be the focus point of a number of posed photographs set to come out over the next few months.
Truth be told too, I don’t know if I would laugh or run if I saw Deadpool come down my chimney instead of St. Nick. Probably a little bit of both. Yeah, running away while laughing hysterically. That sounds good to me.
Deadpool is set to hit theatres on February 12th, 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016