Charlie Cox has been on the receiving end of some serious critical acclaim for his work as Matt Murdock in Marvel and Netflix’s Daredevil TV series, and deservedly so. Bringing a beloved comic book character to life on the screen can be difficult enough as it is, but it’s even worse when you have to follow such an awful portrayal of the character as in the Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner-led Daredevil film.
It turns out though, that Cox may be a bit too accustomed to playing Murdock, as the actor revealed that the character’s blindness may have subconsciously messed up his audition for lead role in Disney and Lucasfilm’s Young Han Solo movie.
Here’s what the actor had to say about the incident while speaking with The Hollywood Reporter:
“I had gone to an audition—one of those things that are super secretive and they don’t tell you, but I’m pretty sure it was for the Han Solo reboot—and halfway through it, the casting director stopped me and said, ‘Why aren’t you looking at me?’ I realized I had gotten into a habit of not making eye contact, because the only thing I had done for two years is play someone who is blind. I never got invited back, probably because they couldn’t figure out why I was acting like a complete idiot.”
As fans are well aware, the search to find the perfect young Han Solo was one of the most highly-speculated and followed casting decisions of recent memory, with the studio eventually choosing Hail, Caesar! breakout star Alden Ehrenreich for the role, after auditioning thousands of young actors.
Cox probably could have done a fine job as Han Solo in all honesty, and it would have provided some nice corporate synergy for Disney. One iconic character may be enough for most actors though, and I know I’m not the only one who will be waiting in anticipation for Cox to reprise his role as Murdock again in The Defenders… With that being said, I still would have been very interested in seeing his young Han Solo.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016