Ask and you shall receive I suppose.
Following the very recent casting of Game of Thrones‘ Kristofer Hivju as a tough henchman in Fast 8, the film has reportedly found its lead villain as well in one of the best actresses working in Hollywood today.
Variety confirms that after being in talks for the role for the past several months, Mad Max: Fury Road actress Charlize Theron has reportedly signed on to star in the franchise’s eighth installment. While details surrounding the character remain vague for the time being as well, Theron is expected to play some kind of villain in the film.
The actress was reportedly originally approached for the film when work initially began on the film’s script, but Theron was hesitant to come onboard until the story was finished. Now that her schedule has opened up as well, it looks like the franchise is about to have a refreshing change of pace from its male-heavy streak of lead villains.
Theron has proven herself to be one of the most reliably great actresses in Hollywood today too, and if she’s on board for Fast 8 then I suppose I am too, especially after the franchise’s recent increase in quality over its past few films.
Fast 8 will hit theatres on April 14th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016