I don’t know about you, but I love watching movies in the IMAX format. Seeing Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight on a huge IMAX screen is one of my favorite moviegoing experiences ever, and I personally prefer the immersive experience of seeing a movie in 2D on a giant screen to many of the 3D films Hollywood continues to produce. IMAX is currently in the middle of an eight week contest in which users upload an “intense” photo of themselves, the internet votes on the winner, and each week, the winner gets a chance to win a private screening of this summer’s hottest blockbuster for them and their friends.
Our own Clare Kramer is one of the judges for the contest, and she actually entered her own intense photo as an example at the top of the page.
For all of the details, be sure to visit the contest’s official web site, follow IMAX on Twitter, and upload your own intense photo (with the hashtag #intenseimax) on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for your chance to win. Your entry doesn’t have to be movie-related, either: it could be anything from you playing a sport or skydiving to walking on hot coals or petting a tiger – the more intense, the better. Good luck to everyone!
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014