I’m pretty sure your geek card is automatically revoked if you’re not a fan of Joss Whedon’s seminal sci-fi space western “Firefly,” so it’s a good thing we’re massive fans here at GeekNation. The cancelled-too-soon series has lived on in the excellent feature film Serenity (a hell of a debut movie for Joss, right? Man, that movie rocks) and in comic book form, and reruns of the show continue its legacy by airing on the Science Channel.
Our friends at GeekTyrant have pointed out a fantastic new “Firefly”-inspired sketch from artist Otis Frampton, who has created some excellent geek-centric artwork in the past (like his great Star Wars-influenced “Sushi Wars” piece here), but this is one you can buy for just $10 bucks right now. It’d make a perfect gift for the geek in your life, or for yourself if you’d like to snag one for your own.
Be sure to visit Otis’ official website to see the full image above, purchase the piece for your collection, or to check out his other work. And for God’s sake people – go outside and enjoy some BBQ or swim in a pool or something – it’s Memorial Day. Enjoy the rest of your day, and we’ll see you back here tomorrow.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014