Michel Gondry’s Be Kind Rewind was far from a hit when it was released in 2008, but it did popularize the concept of “sweding,” or making homemade versions of Hollywood movies with whatever crafts or household items you can find. The practice has taken off in recent years, and now a group of Marvel fans from Thailand have created a spectacular sweded trailer for Iron Man 3, which hits theaters in America tomorrow. Take a look below:
The level of detail here is outstanding, and this might be one of the only instances in which “blackface” is acceptable. It’s super inventive, too, the way they recreated huge moments like Stark’s house being destroyed and the airplane rescue, and the dude who plays Pepper Potts cracked me up when he kissed that mask. Ingenuity like this should be highly encouraged and rewarded, so we want to give these guys props (it seems like they’re a Thai boy band named Fedfe) and say congratulations on making a really entertaining piece of work. We can only hope that they ultimately decide to do the entire movie, like those kids who created a shot-for-shot remake of the entirety of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
What do you think about this sweded trailer for Iron Man 3? Sound off below!
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014