One of the biggest question marks of the 1990′s for superhero fans surrounds the aborted Superman film project that came very close to production, which was at one point to be written by Kevin Smith, directed by Ti Burton, and starring Nicolas Cage as the Man of Steel. That film never came to be, but various artifacts from its production still manage to ignite the imaginations of many people.
One of the people who has been continuously curious about it is Jon Schnepp, a jack of all trades in the entertainment industry (and previous guest on our own Gecken podcast), who took it upon himself to seek crowdfunding for an in-depth documentary exploring exactly what happened to the ill-fated film. That work has coalesced into a film entitled The Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?, and though it’s in very limited theatrical release in the Los Angeles area, it will be arriving on VOD and Blu-ray this summer.
The Daily Beast was recently given an exclusive clip from the film, which takes a look at the interview Tim Burton. See it below
As a kid who primarily grew up in the 90′s and is a massive fan of the Man of Steel, I’ve always had a great deal of personal curiosity surrounding this film, and what it could’ve been. I’ll be very interested to watch the film in its entirety when it’s released online and on Blu-ray this July. See the full, final trailer for the film below.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015