We’re still pretty surprised that NBC’s comedy series “Community” is coming back for a fifth season, and even more surprised that original showrunner Dan Harmon is coming back as well. Now we have word on another cool guest star that will continue to expand the Greendale character roster.
TV Line has word that Chris Elliott (“How I Met Your Mother” and “Saturday Night Live”) will guest star in an episode of the series which returns to NBC’s schedule on Thursday, January 2nd at 8/7c. And while many guest stars like Michael K. Williams and Malcolm McDowell have played various professors at Greendale, this character is a little more important.
Elliott will be playing Russell Borchert, the odd founder of Greendale Community College who vanished long ago after a bizarre sex scandal sullied his reputation. We’re not sure why he would return now (other than because it’s integral to the plot of the series), but he’s sure to encounter our favorite study group in the episode that will air in the spring.
The “SNL” alum joins an impressive list of guest stars that includes Vince Gillian and Jonathan Banks from “Breaking Bad,” Walton Goggins from “Justified,” Mitch Hurwitz and David Cross from “Arrested Development,” and “Firefly” star Nathan Fillion. There are plenty of other surprise guest stars in store, and we hope that Harmon’s return to the series gets “Community” back to the quality we came to expect from the first three seasons that didn’t quite come through in last season.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015