A rippled of outrage and disbelief was sent through the comic book community yesterday, when the first issue of Captain America: Steve Rogers revealed that its title character may have been a secret Hydra agent all along, recruited into the terrorist organization as a child. As you can probably imagine as well, a majority of fans were not happy with the twist, with many saying it went directly against everything that the character stood for.
It looks like the news may have reached none other than the live-action Captain America himself, Chris Evans, who just recently reprised his role as Steve Rogers onscreen in Captain America: Civil War, with many calling it his best turn as the character yet.
The actor responded to the news basically like the rest of us too, sharing the following tweet:
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) May 26, 2016
Say it ain’t so indeed.
Now, of course the twist is being set up to probably be a fake out by Steve Rogers to infiltrate Hydra or something like that, but the reaction from fans is to be expected as well, and it’s nice to see Evans joining in on the discussion and disbelief like the rest of us too. Especially considering the fondness that he’s developed towards the character over the years, and the acclaim he’s received from the fans for his work as Steve Rogers as well.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016