Spider-Man has always been one of the most exciting and talked-about aspects of Captain America: Civil War, from the moment that his casting in the film was even announced by Marvel and Sony. Now, with more and more news regarding his 2017 standalone film, Spider-Man: Homecoming, being released on a weekly basis at this point – it’ll be even more interesting for audiences to see what kind of set up and moments he receives in Civil War.
Avoiding all possible spoilers as well, Captain America himself, Chris Evans, revealed that he does have one interaction with Spidey in the film, that he finds to be very special.
During a recent interview with IGN, here’s what Evans had to say about the Spider-Man character, and getting to include him in the film:
“I don’t want to give too much away, but it’s brief, I think I can say brief, but I really love the scene we have together, it’s a brief, a little wink, a little nod, and I think there’s a, it’s nice, and I think Tom is phenomenal.”
Holland has already been on the receiving end of large amounts of praise from critics and fans who have seen the movie early (myself included), and I think I can say, without spoiling anything, that getting to have Spider-Man in the same universe as all of these other characters, pays off in spades in Civil War. He has the kind of onscreen interactions that you’ve always wanted him to have… including with Cap.
Captain America: Civil War is set to hit theatres on May 6th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016