As was rumored just last week, Chris Pine has now officially signed on to play one of the eponymous horrible bosses in Horrible Bosses 2. Hey, everyone needs a break from Star Trek at some point, right?
Variety reports that Pine will “play half of a father-son duo who steal the main characters’ idea for a new invention.” The father has not yet been cast, but there have been rumors that the part could be played by Christoph Waltz, which would be pretty fantastic in and of itself.
The first film’s trio of stars – Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day – are all slated to return for this next outing, though it will be helmed by a new director, as Seth Gordon will not be lending his talents to this one. Instead, Sean Anders will direct the picture, as the screenwriter will take on directorial duties for his fourth film (his last was the dismal That’s My Boy, but he also directed the underrated sex comedy Sex Drive, so he gets a pass from us).
The film already has a release date set – November 26 of next year, just in time for Thanksgiving – so you have until then to think about how thankful you are that you don’t have your own cinematically insane horrible boss. Are you excited to see Chris Pine turn to the dark side in this one? Let us know below.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014