We’d been reporting for the last couple of months on the awesome bet between Chris Pratt and Chris Evans surrounding the outcome of this year’s Super Bowl. Even though, technically, Pratt lost the bet, both Marvel Studios stars recently made good on both their stipulations by making kids the true victors in their bet.
After visiting Christopher’s Haven in Boston in early February, both actors made their way to the pacific northwest to see the kids at Seattle Children’s Hospital, with Evans in full Captain America regalia from Avengers: Age of Ultron (complete with shield). See some tweets from the visit’s beneficiaries below:
— Jennifer Sheets (@JenniferSheets4) March 7, 2015
— Lucy Dibbers (@DibbersBakes) March 7, 2015
Oh maaaaaan. Goodnight you captains of America, you guardians of the galaxy. pic.twitter.com/Px0pDGuBHl
— Joanna Robinson (@jowrotethis) March 8, 2015
It’s really great to see Evans and Pratt recognizing how their iconic characters can bring joy to so many people, and their visit to both hospitals clearly shows both their own generosity and the resonance of their characters, each in their purest forms.
Seeing Star-Lord or Captain America themselves roam the halls to wish you well can likely be the difference between sadness and happiness for many young patients at these institutions, and the fact that both very busy men took the time to do something like this, especially when they didn’t have to under the conditions of the bet, helps to show what kind of people they are: good ones.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015