If there was any lingering doubt that funnyman Chris Pratt is currently poised to become a bonafide big time movie star, the news that he might be taking on the male lead in Jurassic World should effectively stomp out those doubts.
The Wrap reports that Pratt is “being sought” to star in the film and that “discussions are still in the very early stages,” as the star would need to fit Jurassic World shooting alongside his “Parks and Recreation” schedule. However, the outlet does note that “Parks” still needs to get renewed and that Pratt does not have any other movie projects currently lined up (the outlet also mentions the need to “overcome several other obstacles in the way,” though those obstacles are not specified).
Josh Brolin had been rumored for the role for some time, though reported chats did not result in a deal for the star. The film’s cast currently includes Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, and Ty Simpkins. The Wrap also reports that the production is interested in nabbing Irrfan Khan for an unspecified role.
Pratt, of course, will next be seen in the Vince Vaughn comedy Delivery Man, the Spike Jonze romance Her, and Marvel’s sure-to-be-blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy (he’ll also be heard in the already-amusing The LEGO Movie). Everything’s coming up Pratt!
Jurassic World is set to open on June 12, 2015.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014