If “Everything Is Awesome,” then I propose Chris Pratt is the “everything” they sing about.
Yesterday, Pratt visited Children’s Hospital Los Angeles for a special screening (courtesy of Marvel and Children’s Miracle Network Hospital) of the summer blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy for patients, families and staff…but that wasn’t the truly epic part of this story.
According to E Online, Pratt then snuck out of the screening, re-entered dressed in full Star-Lord regalia, and stayed that way for more than three hours as he posed for a ton of pics, let any child who asked try on parts of his costume, and signed autographs for everyone while handing out GoTG toys.
Pratt also made sure to see the kids in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, and the Pediatric ICU wings who were too sick to see the movie, but it was one child in particular that captivated Pratt’s attention. Dylan Prunty (above) is a hardcore fan of Legos and The Lego Movie and recognized Pratt’s voice – so Pratt did what any hero from an awesome film would do: quote different scenes from the film with Dylan.
With the day a success and a story the kids are able to tell to their friends, Children’s Hospital tweeted their thanks.
— Children’s Hosp LA (@ChildrensLA) August 21, 2014
Yesterday’s screening left the kids in such high spirits and with the current state of our world, we DEFINITELY need more guys like Chris Pratt around.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015