I think many people would probably agree with me when I said that The Dark Knight and Batman Begins are arguably, the best Batman movies we’ve seen on the silver screen yet. A large part of that had to do with Christopher Nolan’s steady direction, and the incredible, Oscar-winning turn by Heath Ledger as The Joker.
But another part of that was Christian Bale’s turn as Bruce Wayne and Batman, something I think a lot of fans have forgotten over the past few years. Although, it sounds like Bale may not have been as happy with his work in the films as much as we had thought.
While recently speaking with Yahoo! Movies, Bale criticized his turn as the character:
“I didn’t quite manage what I hoped I would throughout the trilogy. Chris [Nolan] did, but my own sense of self is like, ‘I didn’t quite nail it.’…Heath turned up, and just kind of completely ruined all my plans. Because I went, ‘He’s so much more interesting than me and what I’m doing.”
It is interesting to hear an actor talk about their previous work like this whenever it happens, but it’s even more interesting considering that Ben Affleck is about to make his onscreen debut as the character in just a few short weeks in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Personally, I still love Bale’s turn as the character, and while it’s not my favorite onscreen iteration of the character (that honor goes to either Michael Keaton or Kevin Conroy), I think it worked for the movies he was in, and was a refreshing, respectful take on a character that desperately needed to be saved onscreen at the time.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will hit theatres on March 25th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016