Waltz. Christoph Waltz.
It appears that the Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained Oscar-winner will share the screen with Daniel Craig in the upcoming 24th James Bond film. Daily Mail writer Baz Bamigboye, who knows his stuff when it comes to Bond scoops, tweeted the following:
#CHRISTOPHWALTZ SIGNS ON FOR BOND24.Shoots early December Mexico Morocco Austria Italy & London.
— Baz Bamigboye (@BazBam) November 13, 2014
There’s some speculation that Waltz will play the film’s villain, and while that undeniably appeals to me because he was such a great bad guy in Basterds, another part of me hopes that he’s going to avoid the villain route this time and take on an entirely different kind of part. I know, I know – he’s so fantastic and fun to watch when he plays a bad guy, but I can hope, can’t I? He’s already done the villain thing in Basterds, Water For Elephants, and Green Hornet, and at one point he was reportedly up for another evil role in Tarzan. Chiwetel Ejiofor was rumored to be playing the villain in this new Bond film, but if the speculation turns out to be true, then it seems Waltz has taken over for him. Despite my protestations that he’d be getting typecast, Waltz as a Bond villain definitely wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
If this proves true, Waltz will join Bond vets Daniel Craig, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, and Ralph Fiennes, and newcomers Lea Seydoux and Dave Bautista.
The still-untitled Bond 24 is set for release in November of 2015.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014