Back in 2013, the Mark Gordon Company and C.S. Lewis Company took over the rights to the Narnia franchise and announced they would be making a movie adaptation of The Silver Chair. We haven’t heard much since then but thanks to Collider catching up with Mark Gordon himself, we have the confirmation the film is still very much alive:
We’re hoping to be able to make the movie very shortly. We’re very excited about it.
The Silver Chair being the fourth book in the series one would imagine to make it a sequel to the previous three films. According to Gordon however, this is going to be a total reboot:
It’s all going to be a brand new franchise. All original. All original characters, different directors, and an entire new team that this is coming from.
Gordon did confirm that by original characters he does mean existing characters in the Narnia mythology. He’s not going to create a Jar Jar Binks or anything.
That being said the entire cast of the original films will be replaced and a whole new world will be upon us. (If that previous line got “A whole new world” stuck in your head, I formally apologize for Disney Rick Rolling you.)
What do you make of this, GeekNation? Psyched for The Silver Chair or bummed that they are changing everything? Stay tuned to GeekNation for more updates!
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2′ Is Here - February 7, 2016