In case you didn’t know, the Comedy Central sketch comedy show “Inside Amy Schumer” is currently in the middle of its second season, and while it’s not quite the sensation that “Key & Peele” has become, when Amy Schumer comes through, she knocks it out of the park.
Such is the case with this amazing new sketch called “The Foodroom,” and if you couldn’t guess from the title, it’s a fast food parody of Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama series “The Newsroom.” From the signature walking and talking to hitting home the consistent criticism that the female characters on the cable news-centric series are poorly written, this is just a perfect sketch:
Making this all the better is Josh Charles as the restaurant manager, mostly because he starred in Sorkin’s shortlived “Sports Night” series years ago. Funnily enough, Charles also played a fast food employee in Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead, making us wish this whole scenario played out at a Clown Dog instead. Who would have thought apple slices could be so dramatic?
“The Newsroom” is coming back to HBO this fall for a third and final season. Meanwhile, “Inside Amy Schumer” airs on Comedy Central on Tuesdays at 10:30pm ET. And you can check out full episodes online right here.
Latest posts by Ethan Anderton (see all)
- UPDATED: Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Shot a Secret Lifetime Movie Called ‘A Deadly Adoption’ - June 3, 2015
- Over 13,000 Fans Petition to Save ‘Tron 3’ from Being Derezzed - June 1, 2015
- ‘Jaws’ Returning to Theaters for 40th Anniversary - May 28, 2015
- Could Wolverine Have a Cameo in ‘Deadpool? - May 26, 2015
- Jack Black Reteams with ‘Nacho Libre’ Director for ‘Micronations’ Comedy - May 18, 2015