Though Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice wasn’t officially on WB’s list of films they were bringing to Comic-Con this year, we suspected there might be a surprise in store. That’s exactly what happened at SDCC on Saturday, as WB and Marty McFly cosplayer/moderator Chris Hardwick kicked off the day in Hall H with a surprise appearance by Zack Snyder, who showed some footage from the highly anticipated film.
On a Gotham rooftop, an armor-clad “Dark Knight Returns”-style Batman unveils the Bat-signal and shines it into the sky as his eyes glow white. The light reveals Superman, floating in the rain, and he looks super pissed off. His heat vision burns as he stares at Batman…smash cut to the logo.
And then, as expected, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Gal Gadot took the stage. We had a feeling WB wouldn’t miss the opportunity to have Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on stage together for the first time ever. There were also some 3D renderings of Batman and Superman concept art, and our first look at Gal Gadot in costume as Wonder Woman.
I know there were some folks who doubted Gadot was the right choice to play this role because they thought she was too skinny, but I think she looks awesome in that photo. Watch the full panel below:
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014