2013 will bring the best Valentine’s Day present ever with the release of the fifth installment of the Die Hard series, A Good Day to Die Hard! Bruce Willis will reprise his role as the awesome John McClane (because it would be blasphemous any other way). This time, instead of involving daughter Lucy, the story focuses on John “Jack” McClane Jr., an estranged son played by Spartacus star Jai Courtney. Together, Jack and John find themselves in Moscow trying to protect the world from mass destruction at the hands of Russian baddies. Sebastian Kock and Yuliya Snigir are slated to play the main baddies. ITell your dates you’ve already got next year’s V-Day plans taken care of because A Good Day to Die Hard is scheduled to come out February 14, 2013.
Side Note from an Action Chick who wants to see more action women: If they wanted McClane to battle foes with one of his kids, why couldn’t they have just turned Lucy into a bad ass? I would’ve loved to see that. She’s been in danger before and a hostage in the last film, so it would make perfect sense that she trained for a couple of years and is now a kick ass lady. McClane’s son has made scarcely any appearance in the other films, so why bring him in? Do heroes always have to be male and woman always have to be ex-wives or hostages?
This is the Action Chick, and you’ve just been kicked in the ass!
Latest posts by Action Chick (see all)
- Falling Skies Season 2 Episode 7 Review! - July 23, 2012
- Falling Skies Season 2 Episode 6 Review! - July 17, 2012
- SDCC Panel: The Most Dangerous Women at Comic-Con! - July 11, 2012
- SDCC Panel: Once More, with Comics: How the Whedon Universes Continue in Comic Book Form! - July 10, 2012
- Falling Skies Season 2 Episode 5 Review! “Love and Other Acts of Courage” - July 9, 2012