Rapper-turned-actor Common is looking to get into the Liam Neeson actioner business with a potential role in the latest film to feature the Brit actor as a former baddie forced to do yelly-crazy things to protect his family. (This is its own genre now, right?)
THR reports that Common is in negotiations for a part in Jaume Collet-Serra’s Run All Night, which already has Neeson set to star as “an aging hitman who is forced to take on his brutal former boss to protect his estranged son and his family.” Ed Harris is also on board as said brutal former boss and the new RoboCop himself, Joel Kinnaman, is slated to play Neeson’s son.
Common’s role would be as another hitman, the “most trusted killer” who serves Harris’ character, “a cool and calculated man who lets nothing get in his way.”
Common has slowly transitioned into acting over the past decade, racking up plenty of cool roles in films like Smokin’ Aces, American Gangster, Wanted, Terminator Salvation, Luv, Now You See Me, and New Year’s Eve. He’s also a regular on AMC’s “Hell on Wheels,” so he’s certainly interested in rounding out his resume with some different parts, despite an early bent towards action fare. A meaty bad guy role would be a nice fit for the actor, and doing it in a Neeson film all but guarantees tons of money in the bank.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014