Although NBC may have canceled the DC Comics-based series “Constantine” after its first season, the occult detective is getting another chance to grace the small screen by becoming a part of the CW’s shared DC TV universe.
According to Variety, the CW announced their plans to include the character from the short-lived NBC series in the upcoming fourth season of “Arrow” earlier today at the network’s Television Critics’ Association press tour presentation. Actor Matt Ryan, who led the NBC series, will be reprising his role, which will officially incorporate the “Constantine” series and characters into the continuity of the CW’s DC Comics-based TV universe, encompassing “Arrow,” “The Flash,” and the forthcoming “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.”
Ryan himself confirmed the news in a video post he made to his Twitter account, which you can see below.
— Matt Ryan (@mattryanreal) August 11, 2015
While the creators of “Arrow” have talked before about incorporating the character into their universe on the CW, efforts were complicated previously due to continued efforts by “Constantine” producers to try and find a new home for the acclaimed but ratings-challenged series. Now that it’s confirmed that John will indeed meet the likes of Oliver Queen and his supporting cast, there could be a lot of opportunities for the character to appear in other places. “Arrow” has started to embrace some of the more mystical aspects of the DC Comics Universe, so it seems only natural that the supernatural-oriented Constantine is included in the ever-expanding DC Comics TV universe.
For more on “Arrow,” “The Flash,” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” as news develops, keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015