I’ve been at GeekNation for just about a year now, and I’m shocked to discover that I haven’t yet written about The Disney Channel’s upcoming series “Girl Meets World” – not because I’m a big Disney Channel fan these days, but because I am a big fan of the excellent ’90s series “Boy Meets World.” My ex-roommate can quote just about any line from any episode of the show, and while I don’t have anywhere close to that level of knowledge about the ABC comedy, it was a big part of my life growing up. As cheesy as it is, it was great to see a show airing every week that wasn’t afraid to wear its heart on its sleeve.
In case you somehow haven’t heard, The Disney Channel is working on a sequel series of sorts that includes Cory (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel), but mostly centers on their daughter Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her friends, tackling themes but in the modern age. Executive producer Michael Jacobs is back behind the camera, so I think “Boy Meets World” fans – especially those with kids of their own now – will have a lot to like about this new version of the show. Oh, and I almost forgot – Mr. Feeney (William Daniels), Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong), and more will be dropping by throughout the series, too. Check out the first trailer for “Girl Meets World” below, courtesy of E! Online:
If you’re a “BMW” fan and that video wasn’t really your thing (it was super cheesy, I’ll admit), be sure to check out Samuel L. Jackson’s slam poem about the old show right here. That’ll probably be a bit more up your alley.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014