If Guillermo del Toro is fine with helming not one but two episodes of The Strain, then surely he wouldn’t mind stopping by Arrow and sitting in the director’s chair of Arrow.
Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim knows the director behind Hellboy and Pan’s Labyrinth, and shared with ComicBook.com reporter Brandon Davis that the idea certainly has come up between the two recently. Making it happen? Well, that’s another story.
“I’d be lying if I said I never broached the topic with him. He’s so busy, and he is filming right now actually up in Toronto.
“He’s got a standing invitation.”
Unfortunately for Guggenheim, Arrow is filmed in Vancouver, not Toronto.
When del Toro stepped onto the set of The Strain (a series he co-created through a popular book series), it was the first time he directed a small screen production of anything since the 1980s when he helmed five episodes of the Mexican horror series Hora Marcada. But it doesn’t mean he’s stayed away from television.
In fact, Guggenheim is working with del Toro right now for the animated adventure Trollhunters, also based on a del Toro book. That series already includes voice work from Hellboy alum Ron Pearlman and Emmy-winning actor Kelsey Grammar.
But who knows, maybe it could happen.
In the meantime, Arrow airs Wednesdays on The CW.
Latest posts by Michael Hinman (see all)
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Magically Turns Dumbledore Into Jude Law - April 14, 2017
- Josh Brolin Pulls Double Duty, Taking On Cable - April 13, 2017
- Worf Actor Rejects ‘Discovery’ Appearance Over Money - April 13, 2017
- The Tricorder Is Here: Self-Funded ER Doc Wins X Prize - April 13, 2017
- ‘Boss Baby’ Still Box Office Boss … But Not For Long - April 10, 2017