When everyone’s favorite non-supe/Captain America fanboy Agent Coulson died in last summer’s blockbuster film, The Avengers, I cried…as did a lot of fanboys/fangirls around the world and sparked a movement known as “Coulson Lives” around the world.
But as no one ever really dies when it comes to comic books, it seems like Coulson really DOES live as an announcement at last week’s New York Comic-Con revealed that Coulson will be back for the TV spinoff, Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D.
As Coulson’s death was the catalyst that finally united the reluctant team of superheroes to fight Loki and save the world, I’m curious to see how Marvel will bring him back from the ashes, as is Clark Gregg (a.k.a. Agent Coulson) himself.
“I thought it was something I wasn’t going to get to do again, I could be playing the Hulk, maybe Thor’s handsomer older brother, but I will be back as someone. Maybe someone we know.” said Gregg himself while sitting on a panel at NYCC.
The Avengers‘ director Joss Whedon will sit as executive producer as well as co-write the pilot, which will set the pace for the entire show set to air on ABC (which is really not that big of a surprise, as ABC and Marvel are both owned by Disney).
I’m just glad that Gregg, who I hear is just as sweet and awesome as his S.H.I.E.L.D. counterpart, is gonna be back and better than ever!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015