After already impressing fans everywhere with her ability to kick Kylo Ren’s ass fairly quickly at the end of The Force Awakens, it looks like Daisy Ridley has been improving her lightsaber skills quite a bit over the past few months, which can only mean good things for Rey’s journey in Episode VIII… we hope, at least.
Posting a new Instagram training video online today, Ridley may have just teased the kinds of fighting styles and lightsaber training we might want to expect to see whenever Luke decides to talk, that is.
Check out the video below:
Obviously, it’s not much.
After The Force Awakens lightsaber duel felt far more similar to the rougher choreography exhibited in the Original Trilogy, rather than the polished over-choreographed style in the Prequels, it’s interesting to think about how Rey’s fighting style and the lightsaber duels in general, might continue to evolve in the future films.
There’s been a lot of talk made about how different and unique director Rian Johnson is trying to make the film, and seeing how he balances to the two differentiating tones of the Original and Prequel trilogies moving forward, should be an exciting balancing act to behold. Especially after some fans thought The Force Awakens stuck too closely to the tone and story of A New Hope.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to hit theatres on December 15th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016