One of the greatest moves that Disney and Lucasfilm made when they went into Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens was choosing to keep as much about the film’s plot and characters as secret as they could in the marketing and promotional campaign. Because of that decision, fans and audiences were able to be surprised and shocked by the different directions the film took.
Now, going into Star Wars: Episode VIII next year, we’ve already seen some brief moments of footage in the production announcement video, and from the looks of it, director Rian Johnson is already having a ball of a time with this one.
While speaking with Entertainment Tonight recently as well, Daisy Ridley talked about working with Johnson on the new film, and how they’ll be approaching the secrecy this time around:
Considering that Rey was one of the most shocking elements of Force Awakens, after the trailers and promotional spots had hinted at a much different direction for her character than what actually happened, I wouldn’t be surprised if Johnson and co. keep as much secret about the eighth installment as they can prior to its release.
After the cliffhanger that Force Awakens left us on too, it’ll be interesting to see just how long we’ll have to wait to get some real answers about what happened next.
Star Wars: Episode VIII will hit theatres on December 15th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016