As the highly-anticipated (that’s putting it a little lightly) Star Wars: Episode VIII nears its July 22nd production wrap date, which Mark Hamill just recently revealed, director Rian Johnson and Daisy Ridley have released two interesting new set photos from the movie, with the actress teasing a mystery location that could have something to do with those set photos we saw several weeks ago.
After Johnson released an Instagram image of a familiar character from the production, Ridley posted the following photo to her account as well, with the caption: If @riancjohnson can share it, so can I oooooh la laaaaaa, where could it be, what could it mean! #episodeVIIIiscoming …… #in18months #thewaitstruggleisreal.
Now, at first glance, it looks like the island that we saw at the end of The Force Awakens, but it’s also possible that this could be the same island that was included in the set photos from several weeks ago, some of which included looks at what we thought was the Knights of Ren in action. Or it could be someplace else entirely.
From the sounds of Ridley’s caption, it seems like it’s a place that fans haven’t ever seen before, but that could just be her trolling us honestly. At this point, with a year and a half to go until its release, and Rogue One in between, it’s hard to really know what any of these cryptic set photos mean. Other than you should get excited, in case you weren’t already.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to hit theatres on December 15th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016