We’ve already seen the first trailer for Swiss Army Man, the debut feature from music video directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (known collectively as “The Daniels”) that prompted a record number of walkouts during its premiere screening at the Sundance Film Festival. The strange tale of a suicidal man (Paul Dano) who befriends a flatulent corpse (Daniel Radcliffe) is one of the most bizarre films I’ve ever seen – and also one of the most creative and original.
A24 acquired the distribution rights earlier this year, and after unveiling the first poster last week, they’ve now released a red-band trailer that delves further into the peculiarity of the upcoming drama. Check it out below.
As the trailer helpfully points out, Swiss Army Man took home the Best Directing Award at Sundance, and for good reason – the film is unique and beautiful, with some astonishing visuals and a clever blending of music into the narrative. Swiss Army Man certainly isn’t a film for everyone, and based on this footage alone you should be able to decide whether or not this is something that will appeal to you.
Personally, I think using crude humor and an absurd premise to relate a tale of loneliness, depression, insecurity and friendship is a novel approach, and I can pretty much guarantee that you’ve never seen anything quite like this film.
A24 will release Swiss Army Man on June 24.
Latest posts by Brent Hankins (see all)
- ‘Constantine’ Gets Stay Of Execution In New Animated Series - January 9, 2017
- ‘Arrow’ Season 5 Resumes With Old, New Faces - January 8, 2017
- ‘Doctor Stange’ Blu-ray Heralds Return Of Thor, Roommate - January 8, 2017
- Thor Finds Hulk, Only To Fight Him In Next Film - January 7, 2017
- FXX Captures ‘Archer’ As It Readies For Crazy Eighth Season - January 7, 2017