Not even two full days into this year’s San Diego Comic-Con and already, Marvel is starting to make waves with their announcements and news. Though this time around, the big news isn’t coming from Marvel Studios, but Marvel TV.
During the panel this Thursday night, the studio announced that despite previous hesitations due to time and scheduling, Marvel and Netflix will be renewing Daredevil for a third season. This comes after its previous two seasons were critically-acclaimed.
The series was the first in what has now become their Defenders lineup, spawning follow up series in Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Punisher. Marco Ramirez and Doug Petrie acted as showrunners on the recent second season, though it is unclear if the duo will return for the third, after being brought on to write The Defenders miniseries.
After the second season finale left a number of story lines hanging in the balance, including the fates of both Elektra (Elodie Yung) and The Punisher (Jon Bernthal), so there was never any denying the demand from fans to see a follow-up season. It’s nice to see a studio so confident in their fans desires and their projects as well, to be this willing to keep pushing forward.
Now, the only real question is when we can expect to see the third season…
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016