Remember back when Captain America: Civil War and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice were originally set to open on the same day this year, before DC wisely moved their theatrical premiere a few months ahead to the end of March? Yeah, well it looks like Marvel is still more than ready to capitalize on the superhero buzz that weekend will likely create. So all of you Marvel and DC fans might want to prepare for a pretty great weekend this spring.
After almost a year of wondering, Comicbook.com is reporting that Netflix’s Daredevil season 2 will premiere the same day that Batman v Superman opens on Friday, March 25th. However, while some people might find this move to be somewhat controversial or ballsy on Marvel’s part, I actually think it’s pretty smart.
Unlike two of the studios’ biggest films directly competing against each other, Batman v Superman is something that fans will be able to go and see multiple times over that weekend (if they want to, that is), while also streaming Daredevil‘s second season periodically throughout.
I do think that it will continue to spark the ever-raging flame that is the TV vs Film debate going on in pop culture right now (with TV seeming to win no matter what throughout both the general public and critics), but in terms of financial success alone, I doubt that either of these outings will effected very much by this move, as much as they’ll simply compliment each other.
As of right now, Daredevil season 2 seems to have a much larger amount of good will going behind it from the hardcore comic book fan base, whereas Batman v Superman has a much more skeptical consensus surrounding it. Depending on the film’s overall quality though, this gives it the potential to do even better than we’re already expecting, or Marvel will have continued to show it’s brand’s strength over its competitors. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Daredevil season 2 will premiere on March 25th on Netflix.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016