Rise of the Planet of the Apes was one of the most surprising blockbusters of the past few years, mainly because even though the concept sounded kind of stupid – another Apes reboot? really? – it turned out to be really, really great. Director Matt Reeves has taken over as the director on the sequel, and though we’ve seen some good looks at this movie before, the film’s newest trailer is utterly fantastic. Check it out:
It’s safe to say this movie is extremely high on our “must see movies of the summer” list, and though I didn’t think much improvement was possible from the last movie, it looks like Andy Serkis and company are truly upping their game with their motion capture performances as the apes.
And even if you somehow don’t care about things like emotional stakes, character arcs, or a satisfying story, there are freaking apes riding on horseback blasting people with automatic weapons. That’s a pretty damn cool visual, and (in what brief glimpses we’ve had of the movie) Reeves manages to make it feel like a natural progression in Caesar’s story instead of just a money shot for advertising purposes.
What do you think about the new trailer? Looking forward to this one when it hits on July 11th?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014