DC properties are getting quite the boost this year and it looks like another is on it’s way to theaters, courtesy of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.
Sleeper (written by Ed Brubaker, art by Sean Phillips) revolves around Holden Carver, a covert operative working deep undercover while infiltrating a rather nasty group of villains, led by the number one bad dude, Tao. In a world where a handful of people seem to be gaining superpowers, Carver himself can absorb pain and pass it on to others, but his biggest problem is when he falls for a sexy killer named Miss Misery – which makes his superiors question where his loyalties lie and if he’s in over his head this time.
Variety reports that Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are on board to produce this page-to-screen adaptation with Shawn Ryan (“The Shield”) and David Wiener (“Last Resort”) on board to write. But this isn’t the first time Sleeper has been brought to the table; Warner Bros. had Sam Raimi and Josh Donen as producers and Tom Cruise possibly attached to star back in 2008, but it stalled out.
The fact that this DC Vertigo comic isn’t (shamefully) as well-known as other DC properties COULD be a blessing in disguise, as it could bring in curious eyes to the box office to see what all the fuss is about – especially after we find out who’ll be attached to star and direct.
Sadly, this is all I know at this moment but as always, when I know more, YOU’LL KNOW!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015