Back in 1961, Disney gave the world 101 Dalmations and introduced us to furrier/fashion designer and one of the nastiest pieces of work ever put to celluloid, Cruella De Vil.
De Vil delighted and frightened children around the world but admittedly, had a catchy theme song that you just couldn’t get out of your head.
And now she’s getting a film of her very own.
THR reports that Aline Brosh-McKenna will pen the script for Cruella but beyond THAT, not much else is known. The coat-loving villain will join the recent wave of live-action fairy tale characters making their way to the screen, including Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent AND another live-action Cinderella film being directed by Kenneth Branagh.
If Brosh-McKenna’s name sounds familiar, she also wrote the aforementioned Cinderella, The Devil Wears Prada, and she’s working on the Annie reboot.
But the BIG question is…if not Glenn Close, who?
Close brought campy panache to the role but without knowing what direction the film is going, I’m not sure who would be the appropriate choice.
I’m kinda hoping they’ll cast a drag queen…
How fierce would THAT be? (No that’s not Cher, it’s Chad Michaels).
As always, when I know, YOU’LL KNOW.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015