One of the many panels that took up Marvel’s timeslot tonight in Hall H was Doctor Strange, the studio’s next film set to be released later this year. Introduced with a mystical smoke and light show, the stage was quickly taken by Kevin Feige, Benedict Cumberbatch, director Scott Derrickson, Rachel McAdams, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Mads Mikkelsen, and Benedict Wong.
While the audience in Hall H not only got to see a full clip from the film (when Strange first meets the Ancient One), but they also got to see an extended trailer, which offered more footage than the one released online, though they’re both pretty bad ass if we’re being completely honest.
Check out the trailer below:
Giving us our first real look at some of the magic and mysticism that we can expect to see in the film, I think it’s safe to say that Strange is going to take the world-bending effects in Inception, times 10, especially based on the footage that was shown in Hall H last night.
The brief glimpse into the movie’s sense of humor is a surprise as well, considering the heavy and dramatic tone of the initial teaser. I can already tell I’m going to love Tilda Swinton’s performance as The Ancient One also, and considering what kinds of new worlds Doctor Strange is planning on introducing into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I’d say that it’s arguably one of the riskiest and most obscure projects from Marvel yet. With that being said, it also looks like one of their most promising as well.
Doctor Strange is set to hit theatres on November 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016