“I know who he his. I know how he began and I know where he’s going. I know the truth about the Doctor and his greatest secret. The day we went to Trenzalore.”
“I know who Clara Oswald is. I know how she came to be in my life, and I know what she will always mean. I found out. The day we went to Trenzalore.”
The truth can be a dangerous thing. Is it worth knowing?
Whether or not the audience learns the Doctor’s name in next week’s season finale, the prequel guarantees we’ll learn something important about him. Something game changing, to paraphrase Matt Smith.
How will it affect the relationship between the Doctor and Clara? In this prequel, they both admit to fond feelings–Clara says she tries not to fall in love twice a day, and the Doctor claims that his companion is “perfect in every way.” But by the end, there’s a darker cast: Clara seems shaken by what she learned at Trenzalore, and the Doctor admits that Clara is “too perfect” as he laments learning the truth.
Perhaps, for these two, the truth is better left a mystery.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Conan’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Parody is Exactly What You Want it to Be - October 8, 2015
- WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrerro, Jr. Pays Tribute to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper on ‘The Chavo Show’ - August 6, 2015
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Last Christmas” - December 26, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Death in Heaven” - November 9, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Dark Water” - November 2, 2014