ATTENTION: Whovians and Marvel fans alike!
Just a few minutes ago, Hollywood Reporter broke the epic news that Karen Gillan, known to “Doctor Who” fans around the globe as the Doctor’s faithful companion Amy Pond, has officially joined the cast of the upcoming Marvel space opera blockbuster, Guardians Of The Galaxy…and here’s the fun part:
She’s gonna be a VILLAIN.
Say whaaaat? Not much else is known about Gillan’s role in Guardians other than she’ll be the lead villainess in the picture, so our best guess is that she and Lee Pace (who will play The Controller) are going to work together to do everything they can to mess with our newly-formed group of heroes. Hmm…I wonder if Glenn Close or John C. Reilly will have anything to say about that?
Gillan is a huge name in the geek subculture, so this should make “Who” fans really happy and should be a great introduction to the rest of the world and a nice bump in her career. Word is that director James Gunn is looking to start principle photography later in June so I have a feeling any other casting news is gonna come fast and furious over the next couple weeks!
And as always, stay tuned!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015