Remember that post-credits scene in Deadpool, where our favorite foul-mouthed mercenary revealed that Cable would be featured in the inevitable sequel? And remember when he hypothesized that Dolph Lundgren could play the role? The folks over at Nerdist recently spoke with Lundgren, and asked him about joining the Marvel universe:
“That’s a good question. I haven’t watched a lot of these superhero movies; for some reason, I don’t know, I’m just busy making films. I did hear in… Deadpool, isn’t there a character named Cable that’s coming? Like, he’s a big guy? I guess I could kick some butt doing that, I suppose. We’ll see. I could beat that guy up – what’s his name again? When I saw the picture, he looks a little bit like Ivan Drago mixed with Gunner Jensen mixed with… I don’t know.”
While Lundgren wouldn’t be my first choice to play Cable – that honor goes to Stephen Lang, who has been actively campaigning for the role – Lundgren isn’t wrong about his resemblance to the character, and he’s large enough to immediately have an imposing presence.
It should be interesting to see who eventually lands the role – but in the meantime, if you’re interested in checking out Lundgren’s previous flirtation with superhero stardom, try to track down the 1989 version of The Punisher. It’s one of the worst comic book films ever made, but at the same time, it’s worth at least one viewing if only to see how far the genre has come since then.
Latest posts by Brent Hankins (see all)
- Which Characters Will Daenerys Targaryen Meet in ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7? - October 16, 2016
- Marvel Chief Says ‘Sky’s the Limit’ At Box Office - October 15, 2016
- ‘Doctor Strange’ Aims To Not Overstay Its Welcome - October 15, 2016
- ‘The Defenders’ Adds Sigourney Weaver as a Villain - October 9, 2016
- Finn Jones is a Living Weapon in First ‘Iron Fist’ Trailer - October 9, 2016