The forthcoming adaptation of a popular Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon comic book series has found its leading man.
According to Variety, Dominic Cooper — likely best known to current audiences as the young Howard Stark in Captain America: The First Avenger and “Agent Carter” — has been tapped to star in the pilot episode for AMC’s “Preacher,” being developed by This is the End filmmakers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg. The adaptation, based on the Vertigo Comics series by writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon, details the story of a small town minister named Jesse Custer, who merges with a creature that’s escaped from Heaven, giving the eponymous preacher the ability to compel anyone to do anything he says.
Rumors had recently abounded stating that Cooper was close to finalizing a deal to lead the show, but the news was confirmed by Seth Rogen himself via Twitter earlier today.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) April 17, 2015
The pilot will go into production this summer, and will enter series contention for the 2016 season. The rest of the cast has already been lined up for the show, with Ruth Negga playing Custer’s ex-girlfriend Tulip, Joseph Gilgum playing an Irish vampire named Cassidy, Lucy Griffiths as Emily, and Ian Colletti as Eugene Root, also known as “Arseface.” The motley crew of characters will join Custer on his literal quest to find God, so that he can get some answers about this new ability that turns his life upside down.
“Preacher” is being developed by Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios. For more on the show as it happens, keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015