For all you Star Wars Battlefront fans out there, get excited. EA Games has released their newest DLC along with an update on ‘The Road Ahead.’ The new features and DLC will debut tomorrow, January 27th, 2016.
Following is the statement:
As we said back in November, the release of Star Wars Battlefront was just the beginning. Our team has been listening to your feedback and building a calendar of new content and tuning changes we will be making to the game throughout 2016. All fans will get free* content that includes new maps for both multiplayer and Missions modes, the introduction of Private Matches, new Hero outfits, and more. Fans looking to get even more out of their Star Wars Battlefront experience can look forward to the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass*, which will introduce a wealth of fresh content set across exciting new locations including Bespin, the Death Star, and more.
Just yesterday, on #FarFarAway, we touched on the changes coming while also touching on some of the gripes fans had with the game itself. I can’t comment on said problems – Santa deemed me naughty and skipped my house in delivering a new PS4 and Battlefront game. But I am well aware of the problems fans were facing. Mostly in terms of their monetary investment which, I’ve heard, isn’t worth the price. So I think that’s what EA is referring to as the new DLC is packed with free stuff:
Coming tomorrow, here’s what you can expect as far as free content:
The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
And it looks like that’s not all! They’re also promising even more stuff come February and March. I wonder if Santa might reconsider his thoughts on me and make an exception – delivering a PS4 and game even though it isn’t Christmas? No?
In February, we will continue to add more free content for all players, including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.
In March, we will be adding another exciting new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.
It’s nice to see that EA is, apparently, listening to their fans and making the necessary changes. A fact made abundantly clear at the end of their press release.
In addition to the free content we will be delivering through March, we will continue to listen to our community throughout the year and provide updates designed to make Star Wars Battlefront even more fun for everyone.
As for the season pass they mentioned, EA has given us more information on that front.
We are thrilled to share with you the names of each digital expansion pack, as well as some details on what players can expect with each one and when they will be available.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Yeah, now I am really upset at Santa. I want all of this. ALL OF THIS. Looks like I will have to access my piggy bank instead of waiting around for Christmas. Just on paper, everything sounds amazing. Jabba’s Palace? The Death Star? i’ve only seen the footage of the game close up once and have yet to play any of it – but the new locations and the new outfits and playing modes that will hit tomorrow look like a ton of fun! I wonder if this would please the fans out there.
Because it seems EA and Dice are really making sure the fans are taken care of:
At DICE, we’re passionate about what we’ve created with Star Wars Battlefront, and are committed to supporting not only the game but all of our fans over the months ahead. We can’t wait to keep traveling through the galaxy far, far away, with all of you.
For more details and ways to download all the new content, head on over to the official Star Wars and EA site. And as always, May the Force Be With You!
Latest posts by Mark Reilly (see all)
- Charlize Theron in Talks to Join ‘Fast 8’ as Villain - February 9, 2016
- ‘Deadpool 2′ Has Already Been Written - February 9, 2016
- Where’s Dory? New Disney/Pixar Posters Revealed for ‘Finding Dory’ - February 9, 2016
- Ava DuVernay Offered ‘Wrinkle in Time’ & Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Lupita Nyong’o - February 8, 2016
- GALLERY: Artists Re-Imagine ‘Star Wars’ in the Most Amazing Ways - February 8, 2016