Yes, I’m excited for the new Power Rangers movie because I don’t know how to adult yet.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Elizabeth Banks has joined the Dean Israelite directed, Ashley Miller & Zach Stentz penned Power Rangers reboot. She is now set to play the Rangers’ infamous baddie, Rita Repulsa because the 90’s was awesome at naming villains.
Yeah. I can totally see it.
Rita Repulsa was one of the Rangers’ iconic arch-villains whose lips never matched what she was saying and even appears in the opening credits shown escaping a moon bunker like a lunar Kimmy Schmidt with plans to conquer Earth and I didn’t have to Google that information, I just remember it.
Banks, who is no stranger to going over the top in a franchise film after playing Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games to perfection, seems like a casting choice you didn’t know you wanted until it already happened.
She joins the already cast Naomi Scott, RJ Cyler, Becky G., Dacre Montgomery, and Ludi Lin as the group of teenagers who get power bestowed upon them so they can do martial arts and stuff to save the world.
God, I can’t wait for this movie.
The film is set for a March 24th, 2017 release date.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Matt Brown (see all)
- The 50 Best Performances Of 2016 – Part 2 - January 8, 2017
- The 50 Best Performances Of 2016 – Part 1 - January 7, 2017
- Top 10 Christmas Movies (That Aren’t Actually About Christmas) - December 25, 2016
- Ranking Disney’s Best 13 Songs - December 2, 2016
- Breaking Down Harry Potter: A Look Back At All The Films - November 18, 2016