Following the release of the first official image of Elizabeth Banks as the villainous Rita Repulsa, some new set photos from next year’s Power Rangers reboot have surfaced online, and they feature Banks, being just as over-the-top as you’re probably thinking she will be or – depending on your stance regarding the new film – hoping she will be.
The images come from Twitter, and feature Banks standing in the middle of a destroyed city street, with a couple civilians running away in the background, holding some kind of golden staff that is likely the updated version of the character’s iconic weapon from the original series.
Check out the images below:
— Vancity Buzz (@VancityBuzz) April 25, 2016
— Lindsay B (@lemon_buzz) April 25, 2016
The costume looks pretty good surprisingly enough, and what’s interesting is the green veins added to Banks’ arms and legs here as well, which just makes this new iteration of the character look even more reptilian than she did in the first image last week. It’s quite a departure from the previous iterations of the character, and it’ll be interesting to see how the reboot addresses her powers and plans, and what kind of new or updated backstory they give her as well.
Power Rangers is set to hit theatres on March 24th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016