It looks like the casting of Sarah Connor in the upcoming Terminator movie has been narrowed down to two actresses. According to Deadline, Emilia Clarke (“Game of Thrones”) and Brie Larson (21 Jump Street) are now considered the frontrunners for the iconic role after testing for producers and director Alan Taylor.
Although it may appear that Clarke, who has worked with Taylor on “Game of Thrones”, has a bit of an edge, Larson has been impressive in a slew of recent films including Short Term 12, Don Jon, and The Spectacular Now, so I wouldn’t count her out just yet.
The casting of the Sarah Connor role is apparently something Paramount and Taylor want to nail down before they cast the roles of John Connor and Kyle Reese and I can definitely understand why. Sarah is a key player in the franchise and would be a pivotal influence on any other casting. It has been rumored that Tom Hardy was being considered for the role of John Connor, but at this point most of the news regarding this reboot is still just rumor and speculation.
Personally, I would love to see Clarke on board as Sarah Connor. Not only do I think she would be amazing in the role, but she can get some pointers from her “Game of Thrones” co-star Lena Headey, who played Connor on TV in “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.” Okay I admit it, I just want “Game of Thrones” actors in everything I watch.
The film already has a July 1, 2015 release date and production is set to start next summer.
Who would you rather see as Sarah Connor? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014