The new season of Game of Thrones is going to be an eventful one for the series, and for us as viewers, both book readers and non-book readers alike as well, as the new season moves full steam ahead into completely uncharted territory this year, after completely catching up with George R. R. Martin’s novels in the previous fifth season.
There’s definitely been some skepticism amongst the fan community about the show’s changes and possible spoilers as well, though the series’ showrunners have assured fans it won’t spoil the books, but according to one of it’s main stars, it sounds like the new season might just be the show’s biggest yet.
While recently speaking with Collider, Khaleesi herself, Emilia Clarke, commented briefly on the new season and said that it will be the biggest thing to ever happen on the television format:
“This time we’re not on the books, so that’s huge, and they didn’t hold any prisoners. This season, I truly believe it’s the biggest thing that will have ever happened to anyone’s individual TV set or laptop, or however you watch it. They’re just going to blow up with all the stuff that’s happening. Everybody has the biggest action piece thus far — record-breaking action pieces!”
Big words, but I suppose if any show could live up to that kind of hype – it’d be Game of Thrones.
We’ve already heard quite a bit about this new season’s record-breaking action as well, but the possibility of every character being able to participate in one makes it seem like the sixth season will, at the very least, be the most visually awe-inspiring yet. After thinking about some of the action set pieces that the series has already given us too, it’s hard not to get a little giddy at Clarke’s comments here.
Season 6 of Game of Thrones will premiere on HBO on April 24th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016