Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused has become a seminal coming-of-age film over the years since its 1990s release, becoming endlessly quotable and relatable the longer it becomes it seems. The film, like much of Linklater’s other films, captures a specific moment in everyones’ lives when they are the brink of something new. Unlike his Before trilogy though, which are like small pockets of real moments spread chronologically through three films, Dazed both predicted and warned about the dangers of growing up.
Now, the director is on the verge of releasing his spiritual sequel to Dazed and Confused in Everybody Wants Some. Where the former took place in the 1970s though, the newest project takes audience members to the 1980s, and as you can likely expect, some pretty zany hijinks and hazing situations ensue.
Check out the film’s official trailer below:
Here’s the film’s official synopsis:
“A group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood.”
It definitely looks reminiscent of Dazed in the way its characters behave especially, and the usually Freshmen being beat up on by the upperclassmen, but the film’s overall quality will depend on whether or not it’s able to replicate the same charm that its predecessor did. Something about Dazed makes it timeless, and maybe its the fact that it was shot in the 90s, but takes place in the 70s and therefore combined two very specific aesthetics, or Linklater’s pure vision as a director is still unknown to me.
Either way, I’ll be checking out Everybody Wants Some, just to see how it manages to stack up to its “spiritual” predecessor.
Everybody Wants Some is set to hit theatres on April 15th, 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016