If you’re a Star Wars fan and you haven’t seen director Kyle Newman’s Fanboys, add it to your list of things to watch as soon as you can. It’s a hilarious, heartfelt, and geeky comedy that celebrates a group of friends (played by Sam Huntington, Jay Baruchel, and Dan Fogler, and featuring small roles for Kristen Bell, William Shatner, and more) and is all about their love for Star Wars.
Newman has a new movie called Barely Lethal coming out in the next year or so, but before that, he let his Star Wars fandom shine once again by creating a 10-minute documentary called The Return of Return of the Jedi in honor of Jedi’s 30th anniversary this weekend. The doc features interviews with celebrity Star Wars lovers as they recount their memories of seeing Return of the Jedi in theaters for the first time, and it works on a number of levels. If you haven’t seen Jedi in a while, it’s like a greatest hits celebration of its most memorable moments; if you don’t care that much about the film, it’s still cool to see these fans geeking out about it. People like Chris Hardwick, Kevin Smith, Topher Grace, Adrianne Curry, Donald Faison, Seth Green, Dan Fogler, Eli Roth, Isaiah Mustafah, and more show up, so check out the video over at Entertainment Weekly, come back here, and let us know what you think. (Annoyingly, they’re not allowing video embeds, so we have to send you to them directly. Sorry about that.)
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014