Meet “The Freeze,” a T-ball team comprised of strong young girls who play in a “6-and-under-league” thanks to insightful mom (and team photographer) Betsy Gregory, who used Disney’s runaway hit Frozen as a way to encourage the girls to form the team. So when it came time for team pics, Gregory had the team wear Elsa’s iconic blue dress, socks, cleats, eye black and said “Pretend that your brother stole something from you.” and voila – above is the amazing result.
What makes these images even more inspiring is that the week before, The Freeze came in last, but the girls had an amazing time being on the field and who won/lost was never an issue. To the parents, just seeing their girls on the field trying something new and enjoying themselves was one for the “Win” bracket.
Gregory sums up the whole experience in one sentence to News OK:
“You’re a little girl, and you can do anything. Don’t let people get in your way. Go for it. Wear an Elsa dress and play softball.”
And in the end, isn’t that what counts? Good times with good friends.
*sniff* I think my allergies are acting up…there’s something in my eye…
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015