Here’s the problem with this new Ghostbusters movie: it’s that it doesn’t look especially good. The new rebooted film with an all female cast has been the subject of controversy and hate basically every time something new has been released from it, with a majority of the criticisms and vitriol being thrown at it being misogynistic and incredibly disheartening. The fact that none of the movie’s trailers have been especially funny though, hasn’t helped its case all that much.
This probably won’t help all that much either, as the latest trailer for Ghostbusters, titled “The Slimers” has revealed a brand new character in the film – Slimer’s wife, who looks exactly how you think she might.
Check it out below:
I will say right away, that the special effects for the movie have continued to look really impressive, seeming like a solid combination of the high-def visuals we’re used to seeing today and the cartoon-y feel of the special effects from the 1980s original. Putting a spotlight on Slimer especially.
Paul Feig has yet to really let me down with any of his films, and following the underrated Spy last year, I’m hoping that this ends up being better than any of the trailers have made it out to be. It’s hard to really judge any comedy based on its trailers alone too, so I’m just going to sit back and hope that the marketing and creative team from the movie have been keeping all of the really funny jokes from the movie, for the movie itself.
The new Ghostbusters is set to hit theatres on July 15th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016