Variety is reporting that the Michael Mann directed biopic about Enzo Ferrari has lost Christian Bale as the lead.
Apparently Bale, who’s lost insane amounts of weight before for films such as The Machinist (Seriously, if you haven’t seen it; it will blow your mind) and put on weight again for roles in Batman Begins or American Hustle finally met his match. The reports are that the actor had to exit the film about the car maker due to health concerns over gaining the weight necessary to play him.
Bale had began the weight gain process he felt was necessary but couldn’t safely be ready by Spring of 2016. There is no word yet on who will replace the talented actor.
This may come as a surprise to some, knowing how incredible Bale is at taking on other personas mentally and physically; but one has to wonder when all that takes its toll. It seems like most of the deep roles he challenges himself with require a deep transformation of some kind and that just can’t be easy. Hats off to him for taking care of himself.
So, GeekNation; anybody you have in mind to take over the role? Mann will no doubt need to find someone in a hurry. Stay tuned for any updates right here on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2′ Is Here - February 7, 2016