As ever, apologies for our relentless coverage of Sam Taylor-Johnson’s Fifty Shades of Grey, but the impending big screen adaptation of the bestselling E.L. James novel continues to not only exist, but to push the boundaries of what we consider mainstream cinema (at least when it comes to fare normally reserved for very adults-only consumption).
The film has faced more than a few setbacks lately – the loss of its original leading man, a revolving door of additional screenwriters, a moved release date, a batch of heinous photos in that issue of “Entertainment Weekly” (we may be alone in our thinking here, but we stand behind it) – but now it seems like things might finally be on track for the production. At least, they are literally moving right along, as the film started production over the weekend, per James’ Instagram.
The author shared the below photo with her fans on Sunday, indicating that film has finally started to roll on the feature. It will be perhaps the tamest look we get at the film for some time (well, here’s hoping).
Fifty Shades of Grey is slated to hit theaters on February 13, 2015 (which, honestly, still feels so far away), and will star Jamie Dornan, Dakota Johnson, Jennifer Ehle, Luke Grimes, Victor Rasuk, Eloise Mumford, and Max Martini.
Are you excited for this film? Honestly?
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014